.

Monday, February 25, 2019

Individual Reflection : Handling Difficult Conversation

This penning is my individual reflection on how to exert heavy conversations. We are confront with difficulty to transfer the heart we want the other to understand and surveil or support. Because of this complexity of communication barrier we supplant up in a interlocking or a confrontation. When this happens we let go of the problem forget it , avoid it, avoid be involved or brush aside it. Learning cardinal way conversation and certain strategies to handle a difficult conversation, is a step to repair yourself in the way you vocalise out without any individualised intent.In our everyday lives whether original or private we always encounter a difficult conversation conflict on one and confrontation on the other. Most in some cases goes for the outperform of intentions for the benefit or interest of the person or the company. But what makes it a difficult conversation is how you pass along the message on board, how one decides to handle it, how you understand it, how your message is being unders besidesd by the other and whether to obey or give support.My individual reflection for this is an incident that has occurred between two directors of the company whom are alike the proprietors of the company my scram and I. As much(prenominal) as my cause and I are the sole owners of the company, my late pay off left behind, I would like to use it in relation to this affair of difficult conversations in a passkey setting. My mother and I save different ways of doing things and lose different ideals when it comes to discharge a business. She is my overlord as the Managing director of the company.She is old fashioned in her approach to things and also does not bear witness or write and I am gentle of what Ill like to describe as transforming. There was a bureau that occurred when some of our clients were complaining round the quality of the TV sets in their inhabit and how they didnt like the idea of them having to pay that much mone y for a night in the hotel and have to watch a boxed TV instead of the new flat screen TV that were in vogue. I decided to have a meeting with my mother on this press to explain the importance of upping our standards in terms of quality.My mum found this tilt from me demeaning and queried me that its not in my place to burble to her astir(predicate) such matters. I on hearing those exact words flamed up and attacked locution I had as much rights and power as her when it meant running of the company and as such my opinions as well as decisions matters whenever I decide to put them forth. Next thing I discover was that our conversation became so heated and filled with argument that we werent even talking nearly the success of the business anymore moreover moved from away from its professional discussion to that of a personal confrontation.I decided to stop talking about this because I noticed my mother wasnt being receptive to anything I was saying at that atomic number 42, s o I let the topic drop for that moment but went on to contact my aunt and explained to her my views on the issue and how difficult it was for my mother to see my view on the issue. This turned out to be a good idea as my aunt was qualified to relay my opinion concerning the company and its improvements and she helped to straightening out a lot of things also.Using my aunt as an intermediary between my mother and I was effective as it was able to quell the discord we were having as well as relay my opinions on the pressing issue at hand at that moment in time. But as time goes by I sat and persuasion over things that I cannot be using my aunt as an intermediary all the time my mother and I are having an argument. I had to bet of a more approachable way to rely my messages across to my mother without creating any misunderstanding. I realized that I needed to deliver the message towards thinking of it as a two-way learning conversation.(Christensen, 2011).When I fancy over our ar gument I realized I involved too much senses and forgot about the companys interest. In that I noticed how money, as well as emotions are factors that lead to difficult conversations as Christensen. K (2011). Moreover I also didnt take into precondition the age difference, refinement of etiquette, difference of seeing things and also literateness.I sat with my mother on a normal day and asked her Mom, how did you understand when I told you we had to wage increase the quality of services we offer in the hotel?, she said Mariah, I am not stupid you know, I do not know how to read and write and that is not my fault because my parents couldnt send me to school but I give you the opportunity and you benefitted to where you are today, and when you want to say something, talk to me in a manner you gaint have to be sarcastic. It took me a while to understand what she meant by me being sarcastic. I wondered whether my being straightforward telling her the truth was unacceptable or was i t the way I said it.As according to Amy & Diana I realized I had a personal motive conflict between my mother and I when there are better ways to voice it out calmly without involving any personal interest or have any personal intention some(prenominal) Moreover I remembered what my father told me once that in business dont argue to win or to imply who is right or wrong. A problem or an unpleasant event has happened instead of session there and complaining and arguing what should and should not be done, take the professional actions to solve the problem if it benefits the company and everybody at the end. No loss occurred and incurred.Well, if I had listened to my father I do not think I would end up having an argument with my mother and wasting time to solve the problem. Nevertheless, from this human body I have learned from Amy & Diana to practice self management the big businessman to examine and transform the thoughts and feelings that hijack ones ability to sympathy cally when conflicts heat up, reflecting on spontaneous reactions once a conflict triggers an emotional reaction, reflecting can cool ones own emotion down by turning the automatic go response into a more deliberate know response, reframing and manage conversations.Moreoevr according to Engels, he stated that when you deliver difficult messages you should avoid ordering/directing, warning/threatening, lecture/moralizing, advising/giving solutions, evaluating/blaming and interpreting/diagnosing. In which I realized I was having a rather ordering tone with my mother. Being that I am able to admit where I am having a problem with delivering my messages, from what I have learned I would be well prepared to most in particular listen before I react and plan for a better conversation and find a more comfortable way in relaying my messages across.

No comments:

Post a Comment