.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Critical Thinking and Perception Essay

What is real? Our acquaintance of reality is often a merchandise of the environment in which we live. In general, we formulate ideas of reality found on our own experiences as well as the experiences of the people around us. Our lives be influenced constantly by our surroundings. I truly believe that perception is a learned skill and not instinctive. Outside of our communities, television, radio and movies sculpt our perception of the outside world. I deal most of my thinking at the indifferent level is based on perception, language, and information. At the most there is unitary logical system step If this than that. I think most thinking tugs piazza in the perceptual stage. These atomic number 18 the questions that arise, How much do I take in? and how do I examine at things? This perception is based on habits of perceptions and what I hear, what I read and how I express myself. I make that we do not need to use much unambiguous logic because we halt already built the logic into our language. For example, killing is cock-a-hoop unless(prenominal) justified by war or self-dense. I know that with decisions I followed what was recommended and what my friends were doing and then rationalized it with the following rationalization Everyone does this and the stock rises for a while and when the mart eventually pass aways a severe correction I rationalize that as well.This rationalization is based on informationnot all-available information still a selection that fits what I was inclined to do anyway. I think that logic can be used to reinforce perceptions (and prejudices) but logic and argument will not flip perceptions. Perception is more than espial it is bear on, reacting, and interpreting. Faith Bryne describes perception as, detecting the nature of both outer and interior worlds. In many cases, it also means responding in some way, each consciously or unconsciously. (Perception, 57) Perception is the way we look at things and I think proces sing is what we do with that perception. In my view if we take processing for granted then perception becomes even more important, because the way we look at a bit will determine what we can do about it. The influences (family, teachers, religion, race, environment, and economic level) that gull shaped or conditioned my personal identity by instilling values, beliefs, viewpoints or attitudes that I flummox accepted without scrap serves as a perceptual block. The situations in which I am less of an individual because of these influences occur when I refuse to understand someone elses opinion or look for other points of view because of something I develop been conditioned to believe is true.I am not one who handles others opinions without asking for them. I am not very consistent in ensuring that my opinions are informed. Often times I have not taken narrow consideration of the evidence and have treated opinions as facts especially if I have expressed it to the point that I ha ve begun to believe it as truth. At times, in what matters most I am inclined to select too much and take too much for granted. I tincture the strongest urge to conform when someone is a positive role example and conforming to this type of behavior I believe adds value. However, a situation in which this conformist persistency has interfered with my judgment is following others because it seemed the lesser of twain evils. All to often at the workplace this is how some decisions are make just to close an issue that ultimately will recycle. Additionally, I tend to jump or make hasty conclusions more often than I would like. This occurs more so in the area of personal relationships. I have learned that there are some errors and bad habits that can ace to shallow or uncritical decisions instead of careful judgments.I have gained the most insight from the following errors and bad habits, which are Resistance to change (habits), Conformity, Rationalization, Stereotyping, common sens e, Oversimplification, Hasty conclusions, and unwarranted assumptions. I think the real profound to each the of errors and habits mentioned above is my being conscious of the tendency to do them and to get into the habit of applying and practicing the different ways or approaches to avoiding the blocks to critical thinking. This will be an ongoing process if I am to be in falsify of my own beliefs, and to somehow gain an understanding of the truth, then I moldiness know what good reasoning is, and be aware of the ways in which my reasoning (and that of others) can go astray. How I tend to perceive current situations in my life and how others may see it may not ever so agree with my thinking. This is a big obstacle that I will have to work on being better at and learning how to understand others perceptions.ReferencesBrynie, Faith Hickman. (2001). Perception. Blackbirch Press, Inc. (p 57

No comments:

Post a Comment